Enjoy one of our Brixham holidays in the The English Riviera, Brixham is a busy fishing town, centred around the harbour, where yachts and dayboats head out to sea for the day's catch. The harbourside is perfect for a spot of crabbing and is home to some fantastic restaurants with freshly caught fish prepared daily or if you prefer you can enjoy some good old fashioned fish and chips and choose from over 35 flavours of ice cream!
There's plenty to see and do on your Brixham holiday, whether you're looking for a romantic getaway or family-friendly break, and the fun starts at sea! Here's our top 5 water based attractions in Brixham:
1) Dartmouth Day Cruise â The Dartmouth Day Cruise is an exciting day adventure to the historic Port of Dartmouth. This is an all day excursion along the South Devon coast taking in views of Berry Head before passing the Daymark at Kingswear and entering the river Dart to land at the port of Dartmouth with it's charming shops and a selection of restaurants and cafÃ©s.
2) Brixham Breakwater- Protecting Brixham Harbour is the massive structure of Brixham Breakwater, stretching for half a mile offshore. It's a pleasant walk along the length, and is a great spot for fishing; from a far you get a different perspective of the harbour and town.
3) Shoalstone Pool Brixham- Brixham's outdoor seawater swimming pool is one of only a few left in the country, with large open areas and a small shingle beach to relax in and enjoy the sun. The pool has sufficient parking round the back and a lovely cafe with wonderful views across the bay.
4) Brixham Harbour and Marina- Brixham Harbour boasts one of the UK's largest fishing fleets with a lively fish market on the quayside. A visitor viewing platform is strategically placed so visitors can watch the busy comings and goings of the fishing fleet and some of the smaller day boats can actually been seen working at various vantage points.
5) Golden Hind Museum Ship- The Golden Hind at Brixham is a complete replica of an extremely iconic ship from the age of exploration. The Ship has been a striking landmark in Brixham harbour for over fifty years, educating thousands of people over this period of time.