Foodie news: Pop-up banquets in Cornwall this summer!
Saluti mio amici! As you all know my passion is food and I will be spending my summer holidays popping up all over Cornwall as pop-up banquets become more popular than ever before. So if you are at one of our holiday parks in Cornwall this summer keep your eyes peeled for one of these pop-up banquets, giving you that element of surprise and offering something unique for us foodies! Here’s my top 5 to look out for:
1) Wednesday, July 20: Cornish cheese and wine evening with Hanson Fine Foods, Knightor's Portscatho Vineyard, St. Austell - hosted by Thomas Hanson and Knightor's expert sommeliers, the vineyard tour will start at 5.30pm with tasting of five wines matched with cheeses, followed by an optional two course supper.
2) Saturday, July 23: Pop Up Seafood Restaurant, Swanpool Beach, Falmouth – Starting from July 23 and every Saturday until the end of August Swanpool Beach will be hosting a series of seafood dinners on the decking of its cafe where you can enjoy platters to include fresh prawns, scallops, crab and much more.
3) Thursday, July 28 and Friday, July 29: Lee Skeet cooks at St Ives Brewery, St Ives– Originally from Devon, Lee Skeet was head chef voted no.7 in the country. Lee will be presenting a special six-course menu in St. Ives for two nights only situated in the dining room above the brewery with unbelievable views of the sea.
4) Friday, August 5: The Hungry Horsebox – Greek menu, St Gothian Sands, Gwithian - The Hungry Horsebox team will be hosting a series of Beach Banquets this summer on Gwithian Beach, Cornwall. They will present a four-course Greek menu, featuring many Greek delicacies such as Griddled Haloumi and Aubergine, Taramasalata and Lemon and Thyme Chicken Souvlaki.
5) Saturday, August 6: Beach Banquet, Carlyon Bay Beach, St Austell – A handful of top London chefs will be heading down to Cornwall this summer to deliver a wood-fired beach banquet, prepared with local Cornish products and cooked for you right on the beach.
Please send pictures of your favourite food of your Cornwall holiday into my Facebook page – Ciao for now!