Top 5 cheap summer days out in North Devon
School's out for summer! Are you staying at one of our North Devon holiday parks and need some ideas of some fabulous things you can do with the kids on a budget? Look no further â here is my top 5 cheap summer days out in North Devon:
1) Perhaps you and your family fancy a picnic of an evening or afternoon, watching some wonderful theatre whilst sitting on the grass. This summer in North Devon and Torridge there's lotsof open-air theatre with venues including Hartland Abbey, Vicarage Garden in Torrington and Castle Hill in Filleigh.
2) Sometimes there is no better way to spend a sunny day than by going for a leisurely stroll and North Devon has a wide array of routes. The Tarka Trail is very popular with both big and little kids, spanning for over 30 miles with a series of cycle and foot paths.
3) If in doubt take your little ones to the park! We all know that kids love parks and play areas and luckily North Devon and Torridge is inundated with them. Whether big or small, or a pub/ restaurant play areas that you are looking for there is something suitable for all ages right on your doorstep.
4) North Devon has an abundance of wildlife, on land or sea there's so many places to visit to catch a glimpse of some of natures finest. Crabbing, bird watching, rock pooling are popular things to do in the area, at Baggy Point some lucky onlookers have often glimpsed dolphins and porpoises jumping through the waters or you can head to Exmoor to see ponies, deer and otters.
5) Over the summer there are tons of festivals around the North Devon area with many free to enter. If you are staying in Ilfracombe, the popular SunWest Festival returns for the August bank holiday weekend, running from Friday to Monday, where you can expect food, music, drink and entertainment and something for everyone. Ilfracombe Carnival and the North Devon Mini Grand Tour also run that weekend fun for all the family.
I love to see and hear your favourite days out. Please send your photos of your North Devon days holiday in to my Facebook page.