Totally Awesome 80s
I have been playing all of my 80s records here at our Somerset holiday park and pulling out all of my funky outfits is taking me back to the 80s! Fashion trends back in the 80s were bold, bright, oversized and completely fabulous; here are my top 5 80s fashion trends ready for the weekend.
- The Perm – The 80s were known for the trend of big hair and the perm was a trademark of this era, which involved dousing your hair with chemicals then sitting under a machine which did the rest.
- Shoulder Pads – Power-dressing during the 80s was used by a large number of women to give them an authoritative look achieved by puffy shoulder pads used in suits, dresses and jackets.
- Mini Skirts- The mini skirt was the height of fashion worn by women everywhere, the shorter the better, the only people not wearing miniskirts in the 80s were men!
- Leg Warmers – A fashion trend that didn’t really make sense, maybe we had really cold legs because of the miniskirts or we thought they looked cute, either way you’d find at least one or two pairs in every girl’s wardrobe.
- Huge Earrings – Doorknocker earrings were everywhere in the 80s, the chunkier and sparkly the better and if your earrings didn’t touch your shoulder, they weren’t big enough.
There is still time for you to book your place at our Sandy Glade Holiday Park, click here for availability.We have some fantastic tribute acts such as; Reflex 80s, Rogue Minogue, Bryan Adams UK, Hamilton Browne and Back to Skool.
Please post your pics to our Facebook page, our 80s weekend is sure to have you dancing on the ceiling!