A seaside resort on the North Devon coast surrounded by cliffs, Ilfracombe holidays will not disappoint. You'll discover Ilfracombe harbour with quayside pubs and restaurants for a well-deserved drink or meal, and just 10 minutes down the coast takes you to the award winning golden sands of Woolacombe.
Sat above the town and coast, our Ilfracombe site overlooks the amazing views out to sea. You'll find everything you need for a great time away in our popular Ilfracombe Holiday Park including 2 indoor swimming pools, large clubroom with entertainment and a choice of places to eat out.
If it's entertainment you are looking for, you will find numerous events and festivals throughout the year, many based on the quayside at the historic harbour.
Here's our top 5 events to visit when on holiday in Ilfracombe:
1) South West Birdman - The South West Birdman Competition sees crazy aviators and would-be pilots hurl themselves off Ilfracombe Pier into the icy waters below - all hoping to "fly" the furthest and be crowned champion of the event. The event this year will be held on 30th July at The Pier.
2) Ilfracombe Flower and Craft Show- In 2012 because of the demise of the Ilfracombe Horticultural Society, Ilfracombe in Bloom decided to rise to the challenge of hosting an annual flower and craft show for the first time. The 2016 show will be on Sunday 7th August at the Landmark Theatre.
3) Lundy Yacht Race â€“The 2016 Race will be held on Saturday 20th August starting the 50 mile race from Ilfracombe around Lundy Island and a vigorous and exhilarating day's sailing is anticipated.
4) Ilfracombe Carnival â€“ On the 28th August 2016 the carnival procession with an eclectic mix of floats will keep you entertained for an evening. This spectacular event raises monies for local charities and is a fun night for all the family.
5) Mini Madness- Mini cars, all different, create an amazing spectacle at the end of the Annual Grand Tour, bringing out thousands of locals to watch the mini's go by. The final resting place is Ilfracombe and what a sight to behold, not to be missed â€“ the 2016 event will take place on Sunday 29th August.