Fascinating Facts about the South West Coastal Path
The South West Coastal Path is on the doorstep of all of our holiday parks and is an area of natural beauty. Here are some fascinating facts about the SWCP.
Share Our InfographicIt's easy to share our infographic - simply copy and paste the code below.
The South West Coastal Path stretches for 630 miles, running from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of Devon and Cornwall, to Poole Harbour in Dorset.
1. Walking the entire South West Coastal Path is the equivalent to scaling Mount everast four times.
2. It passes through 5 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 17 heritage coats, a National Park & 2 World Heritage Sites.
3. The world's fastest bird, the Peregrine falcon has been seen on the SWCP.
The SWCP is a fantastic place to take your dog for a walk. Dogs are permitted on the entire path and there are lots of exciting smells and things they would love to chase.
The South West Coast Path is England's longest waymarked long-distance footpath and a National Trail.
4. Walkers spent an estimated £436m in local businesses in 2012
5. The average time to walk the entire path is 7 or 8 weeks.
6. It is the only UK walk to feature in Lonely Planet's Book of Great Adventures.