Top Tips To Improve Water Quality Of Your Favourite Beach
If you are going swimming at the beach whilst you are staying at one of our UK holiday parks, it is important to make sure you are swimming in safe water.
Here are some useful tips from the Environment Agency that you can do at home and on holiday to help improve the quality of the water at your favourite beach.
Going swimming this summer?
Every summer the Environment Agency checks the water quality of more than 400 beaches. Use the tips below to help us improve the water quality of your favourite beach.
1. Don't pour fats, oils or grease down the sink.
2. Think before you flush the toilet
3. Only flush the 3 Ps - pee, poo, paper
4. Check your drain is connected properly to stop waste overflowing into the rivers and the sea
At the beach
1. Take picnic food and litter away with you
2. Bag and bin dog poo - keep it out of the sea
Check the water quality of your favourite swimming spot at www.gove.uk/quality-of-local-bathing-water