Top 5 places in North Devon to watch the Perseid meteor showers
If you are at one of our Devon holiday parks this week or you are a passionate stargazer like me then this week gett ready for one of the biggest meteor showers of the year - between 11th-13th August! Under perfect conditions you could witness over 200 meteors every hour and with a large amount of secluded countryside North Devon here's my top 5 stargazing spots in the area.
1) Hartland - A timeless and stunning place for viewing the biggest meteor shower of the year.
2) Wistlandpound Reservoir - The lack of light makes the Exmoor reservoir the perfect place for stargazing.
3) Saunton- Enjoy the meteor shower on Saunton beach whilst watching the sunset after a good surf or a leisurely stroll.
4) Bideford - Take pleasure of the quiet and tranquil surroundings in the little white town with stunning views of the River Torridge.
5) Bradworthy - Home to some of the darkest skies, Bradworthy's wind turbines are dwarfed by the Milkyway and provides an excellent stargazing spot.